On the Translations Settings tab, select the options for mapping Subversion usernames (svnUser) to Git authors (Author Name <email>).
- To use the mapping rules specified for the current Git repository on the Authors Mapping tab, select the Use Repository Authors Mapping checkbox.
- To use Bitbucket users registry to search for matches between Subversion usernames and Git authors, select the Map Subversion Users to Bitbucket Users checkbox.
- To use the mapping rules specified on the Global Authors Mapping tab, select the Use Global Authors Mapping checkbox. See the Specifying global author mapping rules section for the detailed information.
You may use all options or any combination of them. By default, all three options are selected.
SVN Mirror refers to the mapping rules in the following sequence. If the mapping option is not selected or the match is not found, SVM Mirror refers to the next selected mapping option:
- mapping rules for the current Git repository
- BitBucket user registry
- global authors mapping rules.
If no match is found for a Subversion username, SVN Mirror automatically generates the Git author using the email domain specified in the Email Domain field.
The following format is used for the automatic author generation:
Specifying author mapping rules for the current Git repository
On the Authors Mapping tab, specify the rules to map Subversion users (svnUser) to Git authors (Author Name <email>) and vice versa.
These mapping rules are applied only to the current Git repository.
Make sure that the Use Repository Authors Mapping checkbox is selected. By default, this checkbox is selected.
Use the following mapping format: